The Refugees Welcome Film Festival is open to all film genres (drama, documentary, animated, short, etc.) on the issues of migrants, refugees, IDPs, stateless persons, the context surrounding those population, and/or films made by former/current migrants, refugees, IDPs and/or stateless persons.
Please send a preview screener (the format must be a DVD or a link in Vimeo) together with the submission form to the address stated below. (The submitted screener DVD will not be returned.)
The producers/filmmakers authorize the festival to show the selected films into the different locations of the RWFF.
Please send a preview screener (the format must be a DVD or a link in Vimeo) together with the submission form to the address stated below.
(The submitted screener DVD will not be returned.)
Address for mailing the DVD:
Flüchtlinge Willkommen Film Festival or Refugees Welcome Film Festiva
Berlin, Berlin 10117
- All films that use languages other than English should have English subtitles.
- Please enclose the publicity material (trailer, press kit, posters, stills etc.) together with the DVD screener or online screener. Make sure that the Festival has the right to use these materials to promote the film and the festiva
- Screening film format: DCP in a USB flash drive or hard disk (for Windows, not Mac) with English subtitles (if the language of the film is not English). Please note that the Festival may produce a German + English subtitled version DCP for its own screenings. Other formats like .mov, .mp4 could be converted into a DCP.
- All shipping costs and insurance to and from the festival office are the sender’s responsibility. Original film material must be accompanied by return instructions. International carrier account number, or authorization for charges to be paid by the addresee or a stamped, self-addressed envelope must be included.
Dates & Deadlines
- September 1, 2018, Opening Date
- September 30, 2018, Earlybird Deadline
- December 31, 2018, Regular Deadline
- February 28, 2019, Late Deadline
- July 31, 2019, Extended Deadline
- August 31, 2019, Notification Date
- October 24 – 30, 2019, Event Date
Fiction or documentary films with a length of 45 minutes or more.
(The discount for Gold Members applies only for submissions through FilmFreeway)
Click to submit your film in one of the platforms that you choose.